Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Receives, records, packages and ships all incoming materials and verifies counts, while following policies, procedures and safety regulations.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Receives materials to be shipped with appropriate paperwork from finished goods or from individuals
- Packages all items per customer requirements
- Enters data for outgoing shipments and incoming materials in the computer
- Verifies order P.O. numbers to shippers, validates quantities using weight scales, and moves parts to stockroom or other stock to storage areas
- Validates quantities using weight scales, and moves parts to stockroom or other stock to storage areas
- Delivers non-inventory items to end user
- Follows all safety policy and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience : 0 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to multi-task
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.