Apex Systems is looking to hire three new cleared Technical Support Specialist in the Pentagon for night and mid shift openings on the team. The three available shifts are:
This opportunity request DOD Top Secret Clearance eligibility and a CompTIA Security+ to apply! The team is open to seeing candidates who are looking to work this role as a second job. If you are interested, please apply with your resume and a good time and number to be contacted on to Email blocked - click to apply!
Title: Technical Support
Supporting: Army CCSA
Clearance: must be eligible to acquire/maintain Interim TS Clearance
Certifications: CompTIA Sec+
- Provide continuous coverage to the User Support Center (USC) during scheduled shift and remain on shift until relief coverage is available.
- Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
- Complete and document trouble tickets using applicable software, and policy and procedures within established SLA time windows.
- Install, update, test, maintain, and provide corrective maintenance/troubleshooting for Operating Systems, templates, applications, and physical IT equipment.
- Monitor all identified systems and services utilizing approved tools.
- Administer, issue, and maintain user accounts, distribution/security groups, and passwords.
- Provide BlackBerry mobile support (e.g .Password reset, activation, and troubleshooting etc.).
- Provide VTC and VOIP endpoint support.
- Provide installation, maintenance, queue management, and configuration support of direct connect and network based single purpose and multifunction printers.
- Conduct fault isolation and resolution of network problems, whether cable, workstation, peripherals, or other hardware.
- Perform basic maintenance and minor repairs on hardware and peripherals.
- Provide data transfers between classified and unclassified networks according to prescribed policy and procedures.
- Track, maintain, and distribute a stock of consumables and equipment cleaning supplies for IT equipment as identified by On-Site Manager or Lead (e.g. toners, ink, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.)
- Ensure technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
- Document procedures and processes used to research, assess, troubleshoot, test, and resolve support incidents.
- Assist with maintenance of servers and network services.
- Assist and coordinate with all support tiers as necessary to support project/task execution or with any escalated user requests or incidents.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Installations (Computer Systems)
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 964417
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile