Kforce is seeking a talented Senior AWS Cloud Engineer for one of our amazing clients in San Diego, California (CA).
This person will join their engineering teams with the architecture, scripting (Infrastructure as Code), deployment, support, operations maintenance, as well as continued improvements/upgrades of their enterprise level cloud infrastructure.
This Senior AWS Cloud Engineer position provides advanced design and engineering support for the client's cloud infrastructure applications.
The role requires experience architecting and deploying cloud-based solutions in AWS. As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for cross functional collaboration to develop, maintain and continuously upgrade our cloud architecture, operations, and support model.
- Work with technology teams to develop target state cloud architecture, as well as planning for ongoing cloud technology optimization
- Drive cloud/technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization
- Manage/execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied
- Develop road map to leverage/use IaaS and PaaS across the organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization.
- 4+ years deploying/managing cloud-based network infrastructures
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models
- Expertise in creating/updating/maintaining CloudFormation templates
- Expertise in architecting secure cloud solutions
- Experience using AWS Container solutions (ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Experience using Docker containers
- Experience using AWS database solutions such as Redshift and RDS with Postgres, Aurora
- Experience using AWS NoSQL solutions such as DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems
- Expertise in AWS IAM Security models
- Experience with Elasticache, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, WorkSpaces among others
- Experience with Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
- DevOps experience monitoring and supporting AWS systems
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment and cloud delivery models
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
- Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture
- Qualified candidates must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; This company does not sponsor or transfer H1-visa individuals
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Software As A Services
Platform As A Services
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)