Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and high profile opportunity for a Software Engineer to work for a large financial organization located in Cincinnati, OH.
If interested in any Software Engineer opportunities in the greater Cincinnati area, please send a resume to Zach Zuke, Account Manager, at URL blocked - click to apply. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Design and implement technology solutions using modern engineering tools and Agile practices. Work with self-directed, cross-functional, and product-oriented teams in a highly collaborative environment. Deliver some of the bank's most important products and services while developing skills and experience well beyond your initial role.
All employees are responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensuring that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. Operating within the Bank's risk appetite, you will achieve results while consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain new features and capabilities while continuously improving the quality of our technical products and services
- Build and share technical expertise with your Agile team and other members of the organization
- Follow industry and organizational best practices and standards, and participate in company communities of practice to continuously refine and communicate them. Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and creating maintainable, supportable, and testable solutions
- Keep up with technology trends and innovations in your field(s) of practice
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for your team’s products and services
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training for new or less experienced team members
- Provide leadership and guidance to your team in your technical field(s) of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of engineering or other IT work experience relevant to the position
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment
- Solid understanding and significant experience with modern software development practices, tools, and hardware technologies
- Solid understanding of IT security best practices
- Expertise in one or more technical and/or functional domains relevant to the position
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex technical solutions
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional software design
- Proficiency in Java and the Spring Framework is required
- Experience designing, developing, and consuming APIs (REST, SOAP, and/or message-driven) is strongly preferred
- Experience with messaging technologies (e.g. JMS, MQ, Kafka) is preferred
- Experience with Git / GitHub, Spring-Boot, and Gradle/Maven is preferred
- Experience with web front-end development using one or more major UI frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue) is desirable
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and/or developing applications for a major cloud provider is desirable
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Coaching And Mentoring