Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Subcontracts Manager to join our fast-paced corporate Contracts Unit based in Rockville, Maryland. In this role you will manage and oversee subcontracts and associated compliance activities. You will have strong mentoring and collaboration skills and will be responsible for supervising and developing our subcontracts team.
This position is based in Rockville, Maryland is remote eligible.
* Manage the Contracts Unit's subcontracting activities including but not limited to the development, maintenance and support of:
* Overseeing subcontract management functions including cradle-to-grave subcontract award and administration in compliance with company policies procedures and with applicable laws regulations and contract requirements.
* Preparing and implementing procurement structures and best practices that best use resources and documents compliant with contract requirements and policies and procedures.
* Providing guidance in dealing with subcontractor negotiations, including teaming agreements and other contractual documents.
* Advising and assisting management in subcontracting matters including matters involving Contractor Purchasing Systems Reviews.
* Developing and executing initiatives and projects in support of business needs and objectives such as Small Disadvantaged Business Program goals. Perform periodic quality assurance and process improvement initiatives including conducting internal process audits and reviews.
* Monitor industry compliance and regulatory updates, develop associated guidance and training.
* Collaborate with internal departments and functions including Accounting, Business Development, Finance and Legal.
* A Bachelor's degree
* 10 years of progressive experience in a Federal Government contracting and compliance environment, including leadership experience.
* Demonstrated experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and associated compliance obligations and requirements.
* Prior experience in government-related subcontracting or a Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) environment required.
* Experience supporting compliance activities including implementing policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of standard government contract compliance reviews and audits
* Familiarity working with enterprise accounting and reporting software
* Experience with accessing various Federal Government reporting systems including SAM, ESRS, etc.
* A Master's degree in business, law or contract related discipline.
* Extensive experience working in a compliance role conducting audits and inspections of contracts and compliance.
* Experience working with major government system reviews and requirements including CPSR.
* Familiarity with GSA schedules and Best-In-Class contracting vehicles.
* Experience with Deltek products including Costpoint, Contracts and Purchasing Modules.
To be successful in this role, you will need to use your strong attention to detail, communication and
writing skills.Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Parental Leave
* Vacation Leave
* Sick Leave
* Holiday Leave
* Professional Development
* Health Advocate
* Employee Assistance Program
* Travel Accident Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short Term Disability Insurance
* Long Term Disability Insurance
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements