We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The Receptionist serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; then notifies company personnel of visitor arrival. This individual also maintains the security by having visitors sign in and manage the telecommunications system.
The Receptionist will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone
- Answer questions or refer inquiries to the appropriate party
- Screen executive’s incoming calls
- Maintain telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Oversee and control Fed-Ex transactions and supplies
- Work closely with the Sales Team with correspondences and promotional advertisement and sales flyers
- Compile and create internal sales reports daily, weekly and monthly using Excel
- Maintain customer database in order to distribute the monthly flyers
- Attend staff and other scheduled business meetings
- Resolve problems with vendors as they arise
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed
- Customer service with vendors and customers as needed
- Assist colleagues as needed
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1 year or more of clerical office and receptionist experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications such MS Office
- Knowledge of clerical and office procedures
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- Clerical Works
- Customer Service
- Verbal Communication
- Spanish Language