Manufacturing Associate - Nightshift (S. San Francisco, CA)
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! We are developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene products across our company’s proprietary process workflow to meet our production forecast and timelines.
Temporary Assignment with a possibility of Conversion to Permanent.
Pay Rate: $25 to $26/hour, depending on Experience and Education.
Full-Time Night-shift role, must be able to work night shift! Will train in day-shift first and transition to night-shift once training is complete.
- 12 hour shifts - 7pm to 7:30am, Sunday-Wednesday OR Wednesday-Saturday, alternating Wednesdays
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture high quality custom oligo containing products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Daily use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques especially PCR, DNA quantitation and handling, DNA purification
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN manufacturing environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
- Bachelors/Associates Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry Degree highly preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to details
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Jira/Confluence, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/work a flexible shift as needed
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Packaging And Labeling