Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking an Engineer (Senior)/ Lead Security Engineer for our client in the Banking and Financial Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Coppell, TX
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Engineer (Senior)/ Lead Security Engineer
Primary Skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Role Description: The Engineer (Senior) would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. The Security Team is a mix of Infrastructure Security Engineers and security focused software developers. As the Lead Security Engineer, considered a security and technical lead, you will design, develop, perform systems implementation and integration, with specialized knowledge of Cloud security technology.
In addition, you will assist others on own team, or other teams, develop tooling where applicable on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks.
Any development or scripting skills would be preferred.
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• AWS certification and strong Communication skills is a must.
• CISSP, CEH certifications would be a great plus
• HashiCorp experience and/or Database Security would be a huge plus
• Database knowledge: SQL Server, RDS PostgreSQL, Aurora, Amazon Dynamo, Mongo DB and/or MySQL
• Authentication Protocols in AWS, windows and Linux
• SSL Certificates, AWS Auth and/or SSL communication
• Scripting languages: Unix Shell (bash/ksh), PowerShell, Batch commands
• Knowledge of Security Risk and capabilities with SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
• QRadar, Database Security Monitoring, Network and Host Based Monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Splunk, PKI, Tripwire etc.
• Designs, develops and implements new cloud security technologies and also on-prem technologies to support client business and technology solutions
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for security tools, applications and processes.
• Create, maintain and deliver to project schedules and budgets.
• Identify, manage and maintain KPI and other metrics for core processes.
• Review and assess the current supported tools, apps and processes to determine gaps for meeting the needs of the stakeholders.
• Design and implement changes to existing security tools, applications and processes based on changes in scope or needs.
• Work directly with internal infrastructure teams to align and execute infrastructure changes to support the tools, apps and processes.
• Create process documents for operations, maintenance and integrating output from these tools into daily security operations.
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for security tools, applications and processes, including SIEM, Database security Monitoring, Network Security Monitoring, Compliance to Security baseline, Vulnerability Management
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Divya Gupta
Recruiter Phone: Phone number blocked - click to apply (Ext: 2123)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Security Information And Event Management
Public Key Infrastructure
Amazon Web Services