The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh's Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA's Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh's Coolest Offices. But it's our unique opportunity to impact people's lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.Job purpose
As part of our ZOLL CMS Sales Team, you will be responsible for selling our non-invasive wearable cardiac defibrillator system to Health Care Professionals in the hospital and out of the hospital setting and other ZOLL products as appropriate. This includes the initial sales call as well as support activities to promote consistent use (Local Medical Education Programs, Tradeshows, clinical symposiums, and conferences). Call points include Physicians (Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Hospitalists, CT Surgeons, etc.), Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, case managers, and administrators. Other duties include selling the value of the ZOLL Patient Management System (ZPM) to clinicians as well as educating HCPs and staff about the types of patients indicated for a WCD and all essential ordering and billing requirements.
This is a remote/ field-based position.ZOLL now mandates COVID vaccinations subject to legal exemptions.Duties and responsibilities
• Provide customers with relevant clinical data that supports the risk of Sudden Cardiac Death in certain patient types and the role of the WCD in protecting these patients
• Responsible for sales and supporting activities to drive consistent utilization
• Responsible for achieving assigned sales objectives
• Responsible for selling the value of the ZOLL Patient Management (ZPM) to clinicians as well as educating HCP's and staff about all essential ordering and billing requirements for the WCD
• Maintain database of accounts, prepare and submit reports
• Maintain a yearly and quarterly business plan
• Manage field expenses and submit reports in a timely manner
• Attend key Medical Education Programs, exhibits, and conventions
• Become a company expert and resource on both ZOLL products and relevant industry trends
• Master both Customer Centric Selling and Integrity Selling skills
• Maintain a collaborative and professional working relationship with all business partners
• Represent ZOLL in a professional and ethical manner. Always maintain a positive attitude
• Communicate openly and share information with others
• Analyze and report on trends that you observe within your territory
• Ensure all relevant information and documentation are provided to intake and reimbursement to ensure appropriate and timely filing of billing claims
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management Qualifications
• Requires a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
• 3-5 years of sales experience in medical equipment sales or specialized/hospital-based pharmaceutical sales or 5 years of successful sales experience, and at least one of those years in healthcare sales.
• Cardiology experience is preferred
• Documented history of sales success
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must live within the assigned territory
• Valid state driver's license required
• Internal candidates that do not meet the sales experience criteria above may be hired if they have demonstrated a sustained ability to meet the expectations of a sales role and have been in a sales support role for a minimum of 1 year OR have successfully performed within a Territory Associate role. Working conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is a field-based position. The employee will be responsible for working daily in hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical establishments within the assigned territory. Occasionally may be required to work atypical hours (evenings and weekends) based on business needs.Physical requirements
This position requires the employee to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, hear and speak on a regular basis. May occasionally be required to stoop and bend. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to drive an automobile and may be required to travel by train or airplane as needed.Supervisory responsibility:
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and VeteranOther Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Business Requirements
- Claim Processing
- Clinical Works
- Content Management