About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2024 Control Management Summer Internship Program.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com Program Overview
The Control Management Summer Internship program is a professional development program that provides participants with a 10-week overview of Wells Fargo and a high-level understanding of the company's operations, business strategies, and corporate culture. The internship experience includes relationship building, relevant work assignments, coaching, performance feedback sessions, group projects, and informative learning sessions with key leaders. It is designed to provide undergraduate students with an overview of the risk framework and how control management supports business functions in mitigating risk to the customer, organization, products, services, and systems. The program incorporates real-world scenarios and experiences to help prepare you for a Control Management career at Wells Fargo. The internship program is a pipeline program for high-performing interns to receive an offer to return the following year for the full-time analyst program.
The Control Management Intern program targets exceptional juniors and is a pipeline program where successful interns may receive an offer to return the following year to join the full-time Control Management Analyst Program.
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
In this role, you will:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative culture in both a face-to-face and virtual environment
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- Possess leadership skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to navigate regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring during your program
- Participate in formal internship program and workshops for low complexity initiatives within Internship Program
- Review various assignments to become familiar with policies and procedures for which answers can be quickly obtained, related to low-to-medium risk tasks and deliverable
- Receive direction from managers in a matrixed environment and exercise independent judgment while developing understanding of compliance and risk management requirements for the supported area
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education Desired Qualifications:
Program dates for 2023:
- Bachelor's degree candidate with an expected graduation in December 2024 - May/June 2025
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge and or experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated interest/experience in manipulating data and reporting, data visualization, and/or data insights
- BA/BS degree with an interest in any of the following: Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Technology, Communication, Accounting, Mathematics, Analytics, Management and Risk Management or related business field
June-August 2024 Program Locations*:
- Charlotte, NC
- Des Moines, IA
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States. HOW TO APPLY
This program will be accepting applications through the Wells Fargo Career site. To search and apply for open positions in this program, please go to
and click on "Search Jobs" and search by keywords, "Control Management Development Program" OR " Job ID: R-296085
" and follow the instructions to complete your application. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
- Business Administration
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis
- Data Processing