Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
The Senior Automation/Controls Technician works in cooperation with manufacturing, quality, and engineering departments to successfully design, install, troubleshoot, and maintain PLC controlled production equipment. Responsible for leading in the design, specification, and integration of controls systems for new and existing production equipment. Must possess strong mechanical troubleshooting background and have the ability to perform hands on preventative and repair maintenance to a variety of Industrial Manufacturing equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs to PLC controlled systems
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures
- Apply knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Utilize basic electrical skills
- Read, evaluate, and create PLC and HMI programs
- Design and/or specify automation solutions
- Read/write technical documents and specifications
- Analyze and summarize data
- Program and support existing Automation Direct, Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens components
Maintain existing equipment and PLC controlled systems (60%)
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance to production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC and HMI controls and associated mechanical components (electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical).
- Ability to determine root cause of equipment failures, develop PLC modifications if appropriate, execute mechanical repairs, and establish/ document maintenance procedures.
- End Result: Systems that function properly, efficiently, and safely.
Design, specify, and implement controls systems for new and existing equipment (30%)
- Work with production engineers, production departments, and internal tooling department to develop plans for new equipment and modifications to existing equipment.
- Specify appropriate mechanical and controls components, install controls systems, test/ debug components, and commission equipment for use in production.
- End Result: Functional systems that fit the needs of internal customers.
Team member on various lean improvement projects (10%)
- Actively involved in Kaizen/Lean events, internal audits, action items and various engineering projects.
- End Result: Continual improvement of production processes.
- 3-5 years experience managing controls projects (specifying, designing, and building), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be knowledgeable in ladder logic programming; HMI programming experience is desirable
- Must be able to read and write technical documents and specifications
- Understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Thorough understanding of lean principles
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers