To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Branch Safety Engineer
Performance Contracting Group • Portland, OR
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Performance Contracting Group is one of the leading specialty contractors in the United States. Our employees are the lifeblood of our company. The foundation of our culture is truly living by our core values every day through our employee-owners. PCG’s key to success is developing and maintaining a strong performance-driven corporate culture that inspires our employees to achieve greatness.
PCI is seeking a Branch Safety Engineer for its Portland Interior operations based in Portland, OR. This individual will be responsible for the following duties:
- Implementation and administration of company accident prevention plans, policies and procedures.
- Provide safety technical expertise and support to the branch.
- Promote safety procedure and safe work practices.
- Assist in the investigation of work-related injuries, illnesses and near-miss incidents; enforce corrective action to prevent the recurrence of hazardous conditions or behaviors.
- Review all accidents and investigation reports.
- Act as liaison between the company and client as it relates to site safety management.
- Assist in identifying, correcting and mitigating routine and non-routine safety and health hazards.
- Council and coach workers to gain compliance with the accident prevention plans, policies and procedures.
- Provide safety resources for workers.
- Identify, anticipate and evaluate potential safety health hazards.
- Conduct job site inspections and periodic audits to establish and evaluate the level of compliance.
- Establish branch and project safety goals.
- Evaluate and approve safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPO).
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or comparable work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate complex information to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and other relevant regulations and construction safety standards
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- BCSP (CHST, ASP, CSP) or credentials a plus
- Willing to travel the Oregon and southeast Washington region
- OSHA 500 a plus
- Positive attitude and ability to work in team environment
- Work well under pressure and deadline
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have a great attitude and be team oriented.
Performance Contracting Group has developed one of the most attractive and lucrative compensation systems within the construction industry. Our comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical and dental insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. PCG does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.