Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Work where every moment matters.
Everyday, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing incommon: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite youto become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
TheHospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospitalwhich provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in generalmedicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Backed bya talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticutprovides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patientsfrom birth through the end of life.
Physician Assistant RoleScope
Under the responsibility of thephysician, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for duties within their areaof competence in the direct care of inpatients. Advanced practitioners admitand round on inpatients under the supervision of a physician. Evaluate thestatus of any assigned inpatient or outpatient by complete history and physicalexam. Order appropriate lab tests, imaging studies, radiographic and othercardiac imaging studies, interpret lab, electrocardiographic and imagingstudies. Initiate and write appropriate orders for the care of assigned medicalpatients including nursing care, nutrition, IV therapy, medications anddressing changes. Follow standard medical practices observed in the Departmentof Medicine, including delivery of patient care. Complete record keeping,observe strict confidentiality, and attend continuing medical conferences andpatient review sessions. Follow standard medical practices observed in theDepartment of Medicine, including delivery of patient care.
Schedule: Per Diem
At HartfordHealthCare experienced practitioners are provided with the support andmentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and proceduraltraining. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Qualifications AdvancedPractitioner Qualifications
We take great care of careers.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner required
- Experience as a PA or APRN within critical care, intensive care, emergency medicine, or urgent care required
With locationsaround the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for careerdevelopment and growth. Here, you arepart of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring newtechnologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,women and children. We know that athriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitivebenefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Emergency
- Certified Nurse Practitioner