The Career Coach is the primary point of contact with the participants and others in the participant’s circle of influence. The Career Coach will recruit for the program as well as seek employment and educational opportunities as participants complete the program. The Career Coach must display initiative, exercise judgment and make decisions that are consistent with program goals.
- Outreach/Recruitment through attending/conducting activities in the community relating to participant development.
Assessment/Eligibility of participants per project plan.
- Maintain case records detailing service needs and activities/arrangements for their fulfillment, according to data-management procedures established by program management and the funding sources.
- Deliver skills training in software applications, work readiness skills and the development of basic remedial skills in math and reading. Develop presentation and facilitation skills to engage students in meeting program goals.
- Deliver program curriculum/objectives in classroom/simulated workplace environment.
- Job Development by connect with employers and community organizations on a frequent basis to market and enrich the program and the success of the participants.
- Identify and recruit target population of clients and employers.
- Data and paperwork management.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate participant-to-participant or staff-to-participant relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Related Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited College or University preferred.
Experience: Past experience working with the targeted population. 3+ years relevant work experience.
Skills: Demonstrated proficient in using Microsoft Office applications or online database tracking systems. Must have the ability to efficiently manage a large participant caseload (Active and Follow-up) in a fast pace environment. Must have the ability to work independent of central office or direct management support. Ability to maintain a leadership role with the students to motivate and influence positive behaviors. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and or experience with classroom management techniques.
Physical Demands: The environment is an open office/classroom type facility that is reasonably clean and comfortable. The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he/she is free to move about. The position requires that the incumbent spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
Other: Must have appropriate and valid state driver’s license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.