To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
FNP Nursing Program Chair - REMOTE
Herzing University • Menomonee Falls, WI
Posted 11 days ago
Areyou passionate about your nursing career, believe in the value of education,and the importance of life-long learning? Do you want to contribute to the academic success of the next generationof nurses to join the field of Family Nurse Practitioners?
Ifthe answer is yes, then you are the candidate Herzing University’s Onlinedivision is seeking as a program chair for our growing FNP Nursing program and developthe staff that support it and our students. The ideal candidate will havea focus on student results, successful program management experience, strongleadership skills and effective communication working collaboratively with aremote team of experienced educators.
Asa member of the Academic Leadership team, responsibilities will include hiring,training, developing and evaluating staff, some teaching as well asprogram management. Duties also includecurriculum revisions for alignment, consistency and quality; program reviews,and working with assessment to ensure overall effectiveness.
Youwill be responsible for leading and developing program faculty and adjunctfaculty who have stepped up to the challenge of helping our students bridge thegap between the theory and practice in the nursing field through onlineeducation. Our professional faculty engage tomorrow's nurses with onlineclassroom collaboration while partnering our students with educated preceptorsto ensure a strong foundation for their role as a FNP.
AtHerzing, we put our students’ needs first, which means that you will play animportant role with students to ensure their success. You will have theopportunity to engage in the enrollment process, participate in new studentorientation, serve or lead various committees, and contribute to your teams'ongoing education and training.
- Current, unencumbered nursing license
- FNP certification current and maintained
- Terminal degree – doctoral prepared (DNP, PhD, or EdD)
- 5 year’s teaching experience
- Prior nursing leadership experience
While not required, the following education andexperience may also be beneficial:
- Doctorate in a related field
- Experience working through an academic accreditation process
HerzingUniversity offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package including401(k) with employer match, many of which are available on your first day. Thisalso includes a Tuition Waiver Program for full-time employees (and eligibledependents) after one year of employment.
Inaddition to supervising and observing staff and Faculty and working withstudents, our Nursing program does have a clinical component. When applying tothis job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following at ourclinical sites:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to move about readily and rapidly, if necessary, around campus, classrooms, clinical settings, to access classrooms, desks, students, office machinery, clinics, patients, etc.
- Constantly communicates using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually, virtually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- Travel to off-site meetings or conferences or to observe students during clinical education at off-site clinical settings as needed.
Inaddition to the above requirements, because our Nursing program includes aclinical component, all Nursing faculty (which includes this position) must beable to:
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
In developing this jobdescription care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfullyperform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been describedfor purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated ona case-by-case basis.