To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vineland, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Microbiology Lab Assistant
Apex Systems • Vineland, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Water Microbiology Technician
Apex Systems needs a Lab Technician to operate under the supervision of our supervisor in Horsham, PA (Job is in Vineland, NJ). The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing drinking water, pool water and waste water samples.
- Excellent knowledge of environmental health and safety
- Maintain high standards of code of conduct and ethics
- Must be quick leaner and maintain positive attitude, professional attire, well organized and proactive
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively
- Able to observe and make real-time changes to maximize productivity at the bench level while maintaining the quality data
- Ensure to utilize company’s time wisely
- Expected to follow departmental/company’s work related or other policies and procedure
- Assist with special projects and/or studies.
- Ability to lift objects in the lab less than 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for several hours observing and documenting.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Microbiology (preferred) or any other Biological Sciences with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in water microbiology lab that includes ability to perform routine work (microbiological) in compliance with SOPs and regulatory guidance
- Must be able to:
- Check for sample integrity, holding time and look for accuracies (requisitions and sample label details)
- Operate lab instruments independently
- Run QC for each batch of samples
- Enter test results accurately in the log book and electronic logbook
- Use computer software/programs particularly for sample login and data entry
- Maintain high level of competencies in all technical areas of microbiology lab
- Ability to analyze and interpret data accurately and ensure that the data entered in the log book and LIMS is accurate
- Ensure that the workstations are clean and disinfected
- Must be able to priorities samples based on holding time (time/temperature sensitive samples) in high volume lab services
- Ability to perform other lab procedures such as:
- QC check on every new batch of culture media or reagents
- Prepare culture media and reagents/stains and perform QC check on them
- Make serial dilutions
- Differentiate and enumerate colonies or most probable numbers
- Follow the chart values for MPNs and record numbers accurately [including dilution factor(s)]
- Performs tests for bacterial speciation
- Check calibrations on test instruments or accessories
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178