1545 Pidco Drive Plymouth Indiana 46563-1354
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A career with Valmont is a career with a future! Valmont is a global manufacturing company with employment opportunities around the world for qualified candidates. Wherever you live, whatever you do, chances are Valmont is part of your life: Lighting and traffic poles that guide your way; Utility poles that bring power to your home and business; Communication poles and towers that enable your wireless communications; Irrigation equipment that brings much-needed water to cropland while conserving fresh water resources; and, long-lasting finishes that improve products around the world every day. Valmont needs YOU to make it all possible!
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Production Shift Supervisor position in a welding department at the Plymouth, IN site. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will effectively maintain shift operations according to established policies and procedures. This position will be a conduit for all production needs requiring open communication with shop management, industrial engineering, and the production planner. Additionally, you will…
- Supervise the daily work activity of all shift personnel
- Lead work teams through positive interactions, motivation and corrective action as needed
- Train, or arrange training of, shift personnel to ensure consistent methods and results
- Create the production schedule to align with customer demand.
- Actively model and enforce established safety policies and consistently seek opportunities for safety improvements- Manage the use of equipment and materials to ensure that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality and cost objectives
- Anticipate and pursue product flow in a proactive manner displaying a sense of urgency to meet daily demands- Maintain a clean, orderly production environment that is thoroughly cleaned for the following shift
- Maintain direct communication with management on issues with an impact on output of the production area, such as: equipment/mechanical issues, material issues (quality and/or availability);
- Provide input for continuous improvement needed at the fixture and/or work area and participate in the improvement process
What it takes
- Preferred Bachelors in relevant field, or Associates with 3+ year of experience, of 5+ years of relevant quality experience.
- Minimum of 3 years-experience in a leadership role
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Minimum of 3 years-experience in a leadership role in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience performing all position arc and wire feed welding on steel and aluminum
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Supervisor - Production/Welding Department.
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Defensive Driving
- Industrial Engineering
- Interpersonal Skills