Reporting to the President of the Therapy/ABA division, the Vice President, Administration and Business Operations is responsible for all administrative and operational functions within the division.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating, developing and implementing effective and efficient administrative and operational strategies, processes and systems that will improve and streamline all operational activities and improve the overall financial position of the Division.
- Ensures effective and cost efficient front and back office operations while identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of key functions including intake scheduling, authorization, reverification, etc.
- Identifies, develops and implements key performance indicators (KPI’s) to monitor the quality and effectiveness of all administrative and operational functions. KPI examples include, but not be limited to, census management, cx/ns, rescheduling, starts of care timeliness, decreasing waitlist, scheduling efficiency, co-pay/co-insurance collection, etc.
- Holds all administrative and operations personnel (i.e. Area Directors, Managers, support staff, etc.) accountable to achieving/exceeding established KPI’s.
- Improve customer and patient satisfaction across the division through enhancing and streamlining business processes.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs (labor, supplies, overhead, etc.) and implements strategies and systems to realize reduction opportunities.
- Develops and implements appropriate processes and controls to monitor utilization and reimbursement to optimize the billing and cash collection process. Identifies opportunities to increase reimbursement through improvements in insurance/payor contracting.
- Partners with the Revenue Cycle Management team to increase cash collections, improving billing processes, ensure timely filing, and decrease write offs.
- Supports the development of new clinics across the division through the implementation of efficient administrative and operational programs to support critical functions such as licensing, credentialing, authorization and verification, training and education, talent development, etc.
- Partner with other Therapy/ABA division teams to identify new revenue generation and cost reduction opportunities.
- Partners with the division finance team to ensure effective P&L management, which includes, but not limited to reviews/analyses of volume, net/visit, revenue, labor costs, other costs, bad debt, write offs, earnings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master degree or higher preferred.
- Lean six sigma certification a plus
- Ten (10) or more years’ of experience in medical or business office management
- Five (5) or more years’ years of experience in multi-site management
- Five (5) or more years in operational leadership.
- Knowledge of payor and/or insurance industry