Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) seeks a full-time Construction and Field Survey Technician located in Rawlins, Wyoming, where you can enjoy a community that offers great activities throughout the year just a few miles away to include: camping, fishing, and hunting.
Under limited supervision, the Construction and Field Survey Technician will perform various duties, including surveys and inspections on preliminary designs and construction projects, and conduct material testing to provide a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system for the State of Wyoming.
Rawlins is on the rolling plains of the Old West and is small-town living at its finest. Nearby outdoor activities are endless: Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, snowmobiling, ATV trails, rodeos, and even golfing. Seminoe State Park is a short hour away and stocked annually with trout and fighting walleye, and Casper is under a two-hour drive. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact:
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to TNCF05-2022-04094-Construction & Field Survey Technician-Rawlins
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
* Procures items needed for the office and projects.
* Organizes project records.
* Reviews and checks project documentation.
* Prepares, reviews, maintains, and files construction project records, estimates, and reports.
* Reviews and learns traffic control methods, manuals, and procedures.
* Reviews and learns test methods, manuals, and procedures.
* Communicates internally and externally regarding project information and courses of action/consequences on projects.
* Provides office support to project managers and establishes good lines of communication between WYDOT and contractors.
* Oversees smaller projects and/or components of larger projects.
* Learns and utilizes the WYDOT Construction Management System.
* Reviews and finalizes project documents for our final office.
* Performs survey tasks such as staking various project elements and recording survey data for current and preliminary projects.
* Performs minor construction computations such as slopes, areas, volumes, cut and fills, etc.
* Inspect contract elements to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
* Testing of various materials used in construction projects.
* Inspects traffic control setups on construction projects for adherence to our plans and specifications.
* Assists in the investigation of existing roadways for forensic study.
* Performs complex documents and results for QCA/QCA purposes.
* Serves as a technical resource for other employees and attends all designated training sessionsto maintain required certifications.
* Assists in obtaining agreements required for projects.
Must have the ability to obtain a Valid Driver's License
Must have the ability to obtain QC/QA Certification in Soils & Aggregate, Asphalt, and Concrete
* Ability to learn WYDOTspecific documentation, practices, and procedures.
* Possess skills in various forms of communication.
* Proficient in computers and computer software.
* Basic knowledge in mathematics.
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Construction and Field Surveying) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Construction and Field Survey Assistant
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Construction and Field Surveying) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Construction and Field Survey Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Potentially exposed to hazardous waste and biological waste.
* Working around high-speed traffic and heavy construction equipment.
* Work outdoors in various inclement weather conditions, including heat, cold, snow, and wet.
* Physical Ability: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds; safely lifting and moving necessary materials from one point to another; ability to stand for long periods.
* FLSA: Non-exempt
* E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights andresponsibilities.
* WYDOT will conduct motor vehicle record checks to verify a valid driver's license.
* Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Construction
To learn more about h Wyoming Department of Transpiration, please visit us at www.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
URL: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to TNCF05-2022-04094-Construction & Field Survey Technician-Rawlins
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
- Construction Management
- Earthworks Roads, Pavements And Highways
- Research Methodologies
- Software Applications