Major and established global company has an opportunity at a plant in southeast Iowa for an experienced, forward-thinking manager to join our fast-paced, exciting company – manufacturing leading edge equipment and delivering total warehousing solutions. As Manager of Production Equipment Maintenance
, you will directly impact the Company’s ability to effectively manufacture product at their Iowa facility.
Using your experience managing complex teams, you will analyze equipment, make maintenance process changes as required, specify and install new capital equipment, and ensure its maximum performance. This is a challenging, high-profile role that offers the opportunity to take your education, experience, and ideas and turn them into reality.
You will have responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance activities on all shifts in the facility ensuring knowledge sharing across your organization.
Travel anticipated to be minimal. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Oversees production equipment maintenance activities for the Iowa location.
- In conjunction with other departments, implements proactive and predictive maintenance using Industry 4.0 systems and techniques.
- Optimizes effective production equipment management through the use of OEE.
- Defines business-relevant KPIs and regularly communicates their status.
- Assists with contract negotiations with outside contractors, including service level agreements (SLAs).
- Develops and designs innovative solutions to difficult problems, following contingency and escalation plans.
- Defines clear goals, objectives, expectations, and standards for the production equipment maintenance team as well as for operations management as it relates to the maintenance program.
- Works with colleagues to ensure standardization of maintenance best practices and machine-specific troubleshooting knowledge across sites.
- Raises the bar by questioning processes and auditing maintenance practices.
- Presents project status to next level manager and recommends changes in project direction in response to business requirements.
- Keeps abreast of innovation in maintenance techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to influence management and senior management level employees and others on sensitive or complex technical issues inside and/or outside the department.
- Very strong presentation and organization skills.
Entry level management role within organization, requiring a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent. 4 years professional and/or management experience is required. Experience in the technical competencies of the functional areas of responsibility is preferred.