The ideal candidate is proficient and talented at taking complex, often technical, information that spans across multiple aspects and organizations and distilling it down to aesthetically pleasing briefing materials used by the customer to make presentations to multiple audiences. Some graphical design would be involved, but proficiency and talent at using MS PowerPoint in this role is utterly essential.
- Under general supervision, handles moderately complex communications and/or relations with the public, the media, and the community.
- Prepare promotional materials for Alion and its clients and prepares articles and releases for media consumption.
- Plan and implement marketing communications projects in support of advertising, product promotion, public relations and trade shows
- Actively searches for opportunities to communicate Alion's project capabilities and develops news releases, articles for various publications, internal and external written and on-line communications.
- Prepare materials for internal and external multimedia presentations on products, services and business plans.
- Participate in planning and executing marketing events such as trade shows.
- Establish and maintains contacts, both formal and informal, with news media, especially those individuals involved in reporting on science and technology, and with professional and trade journals covering areas of Alion's research.
The candidate must be:
- Highly proficient and talented with PowerPoint.
- Good at developing graphics using Adobe software on a PC.
- Professional in demeanor and behavior, as the position involves interacting with senior customer leadership frequently.
- Capable of, with minimum oversight, taking guidance and material and turning it into professional briefing charts following standard templates.
- Able to understand some of the technical side of military ground vehicle systems, sufficient to producing appropriate briefing work product.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus 2 to 4 years of directly related experience.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 7 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.