You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Operations Analyst-Space and Missile Systems
Position Title: Senior Operations Analyst-Space and Missile Systems -
Work Location: Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Senior Operations Analyst will provide acquisition and engineering support to the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC). The position will require a broad range of space/ground systems acquisition and operational experience to support space-related research, development, production, and lifecycle acquisition and operational integration activities. The Senior Operations Analyst will assist the Government with Enterprise Systems Engineering and Integration activities supporting the SMC Commander and Program Executive Officer (PEO); Director, Portfolio Architect; PEO, Development Corps; PEO, Production Corps; PEO, Enterprise Corps; Director, Special Programs.
Additionally, he/she interacts with government and contractor team personnel to provide guidance, leadership, and direction; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions; supervisor to program staff regarding operations; implements and provides guidance related to processes, policies, and oversees all tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Not listed in order of importance nor limited to:
- Builds acquisition strategies and lead program execution to satisfy requirements
- Provide advice, opinions, alternatives, analyses, evaluations, processes to eliminate waste, standardizing best practices, reducing cycle times/cost of doing business, and/or recommendations to complement the Government's organic resources in accomplishing its mission
- Responds quickly to stringent deadlines as required to provide reports, software files, briefings, and/or other documents to the customer depending on the tasking provided
- Develop detailed technical assessments on various elements of space and ground system architecture
- Recommends decisions on behalf of the organization and act as the main point of contact to address program issues
- Ensures compliance with DoD security programs
- Prepare contract performance, progress, Manpower, and cost reports
- Travel 10%-20% possible
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Requirements
- U.S. Citizen
- Master's degree (preferred: Astro/aeronautical, mechanical, systems engineering, computer science)
- 20+ years (Large Space Program Acquisition / Systems Engineering / Operations)
- 15+ years of experience with National Security Space ground, space, and/or launch systems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as a member of larger dynamic teams
- Experience w/ Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Refine the primary mission through an innovative, fully integrated enterprise approach to better develop, field and sustain new or improved game changing, war-winning capabilities quickly for our space warfighters to operate in a contested environment.
- Flatten the organizational structure to improve internal Center and external partnerships, while significantly improving our decision-making speed
- Collapse cradle-to-grave program/mission area stovepipes to better leverage Center expertise
- Establish Portfolio Architect processes to transform space acquisition to an integrated space enterprise
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement:
Galapagos, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- Classified Information
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Information Technology
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: fzkbwka
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.