Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
We offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your academic background in engineering:
- You will work on a multi-discipline engineering team involved in nuclear power plant instrumentations and controls betterment projects. These projects are a synergistic integration of both electrical and mechanical engineering along with control theory.
- You will work with electronic process sensors, digital controllers, touchscreen displays, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, steam turbines and reactors to improve the functionality of nuclear power plants.
- You will prepare specifications for the procurement of instrumentation and controls equipment as well as engineering calculations associated with plant upgrades and modifications.
- Through mentoring, classroom-style technical sessions, and on-the-job training, you will increase your knowledge and skills in your engineering discipline.
- You will also have the opportunity to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for project coordination and field verification of designs.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- A BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering (from an ABET accredited program) with a strong academic background and coursework in analog and digital control systems is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in design engineering for nuclear power plant control systems
- Coursework in mechatronics is desired, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Control Systems
- Control Theories