Future Aviation, Inc., a HEICO Corporation (NYSE: HEI) Repair Group facility, located in Southwest Florida, is the largest independent regional airline component MRO facility in the industry. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our team. The Purchasing Agent will work within the Purchasing Department focusing on order placement, expediting and tracking, price negotiations, vendor relationships, process improvements, and aid in determining the appropriate inventory levels based on the products life cycle
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Control the materials logistics flow from order placement to parts on the shelf (inventory) for Future Aviation Inc. in support of all operational processes performed within.
* Develop relationships with worldwide network of suppliers and manage the material delivery schedules to ensure on-time execution and superior quality.
* Negotiate with manufacturers and distributors to support purchasing goals to achieve cost savings and timely deliveries.
* Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
* Prepare and issue purchase orders and purchase order change notices and acknowledgements for parts, materials, services, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses.
* Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documentation to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
* Maintain detailed vendor notes and delivery dates in company's internal ERP system.
* Review and track past order history through company's internal ERP system.
* Communicate requirements and updates to internal customers, and interface with Customer Service and Shop personnel to provide order status updates.
* Maintain running log of backorders and continuously review for expedite and alternative sourcing solutions, in support of critical customer requirements.
* Generate, manipulate, and analyze data to facilitate best practice purchasing.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Internet search engines and browsers. * Must have strong follow-up skills. * Must be highly responsive, motivated, organized, and detail-oriented. * Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with multiple demands and changing priorities. * Strong work ethic and sense of urgency (willingness to get the job done). * Ability to work in a team environment and under tight deadlines. * A basic understanding of Aviation/Aircraft/Mechanical related terminology and part applications would be a plus. * Minimum AS degree would be preferable. * Minimum 3 years material planning/buying experience required. * Certificate in Purchasing / Material Management a major plus. * To succeed, the person will need to be detail-oriented, a team player with the ability to effectively articulate findings, and strong computer skills. * Sense of urgency
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Attention To Detail
- Business Relationship Management
- Cost Reduction