Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States. WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting)
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Inspects dated items, maintains rotates and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs. Generally shifts begin at 8pm.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintains the quality condition of dated items.
* Completes the Scanned Item Rotation Report at the beginning of each shift and flags items pending rotation within allowable rotation time standards.
* Pulls product prior to expiration and rotates daily per guidelines using the Quality Assurance Display.
* Maintains Quality Assurance database daily including addition of new or untracked items once the database for the store has been established using the Scanned Item Exception Report.
* Scans out Quality Assurance pulled stale/damaged product at the backroom scanner.
* Periodically inspects vendor items reporting short dated issues to the Receiver and Assistant Manager.
* Periodically inspects outer department rotation.
* Periodically inspects LRQT (Large Quantity Items) rotation.
* Audits flagged items thrown by freight crew reporting findings to the Assistant Manager.
* Reports repeated rotation issues to the Assistant Manager and appropriate Department Manager.
* Reports ongoing rotation issues to the Store Manager.
* Notifies store management of large quantities of product pending expiration within two weeks (sooner for refrigerated LRQT) so management can determine whether the product will be marked down.
* Assists customers with questions; performs training duties.
* Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
* Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
* Reports short dated product shipping from the warehouse to appropriate Warehouse Inventory Supervisor including order number and UPC number.
* Occasionally transmits data to General Office.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
* Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead occasionally.
* Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
* Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
* Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
* Learn and memorize location of products, company policies, and Quality Assurance procedures.
* Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination to rotate product.
* Conduct visual inspection of merchandise being placed on shelves.
* Communicate (hearing & speech) to provide customer service during shift.
* Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
* Meet or exceed established scanned item rotation report time standards.
* Work nights, generally beginning at 8:00 pm.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Pallet jack
* Hand truck
* Garbage and cardboard compactor
* Electronic fork lift
* Scanner and AS-400
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Customer Service
- Fine Motor Skills