With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.Job Description
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for the support of a broad range of Environmental, Health and Safety programs, across several lab and office facilities across North America. The position offers an opportunity to progress skills in a variety of EHS disciplines.
• Responsible for planning and implementing safety, environmental, and related compliance programs and/or projects
• Ensures compliance with federal, provincial and municipal regulations and corporate policy and guidelines
• May analyze test data and develop or prepare charts, matrices and test specifications
• Undertakes most difficult projects, assessments and solutions
• May be assisted by technicians
Provides guidance and structure to support safety programs across several lab, office and distribution locations to ensure on-going compliance through reviews, corrective action, and continuous improvement. Safety programs include:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Electrical Safety
- Hot Work
- Radiation Safety
- Biological Safety
- Chemical Handling & Hygiene
Facilitates risk identification and analysis exercises focusing on manufacturing, laboratory and maintenance activities (Job Hazard and PPE assessments).
Manages environmental permits and reports, ensuring site delegates meet all outlined requirements and renewal requirements.
Develops standardized chemical waste program:
- Oversees the responsibilities of the contract chemical and biohazardous waste management companies.
- Reviews and signs waste manifests, or arranges site delegate.
- Outlines training requirement to staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and site conformance to procedures and policies.
- Provides guidance, as needed, on proper segregation, collection, and disposal of waste.
Develops EHS incident program & procedures:
- Reviews and categorizes incident reports, investigations, and CAPA.
- Reviews incident investigations and outlines areas for improvement or additional mitigation efforts.
- Tracks incident and CAPA metrics.
- Assists with incident notifications and safety alerts.
Other responsibilities as assigned may include:
- Environmental and sustainability program management
- Assesses workplace hazards.
- Development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and training.
- Fleet management.
- Owns the development and execution of emergency response plans and drills.
- Works with staff and managers throughout the organization.
- Scope of the role is primarily associated with the lab, office and distribution locations across N. America.
- May provide technical input into the development of EHS strategies.
- Accountable for all programs assigned via site EHS Director - Americas
- This position will interact primarily throughout all levels of the organization with a focus on providing support and ensuring ongoing compliance and sustainment of EHS programs and processes.
- Position will influence staff and managers and is expected to negotiate with them.
- This position will interact with regulatory bodies during compliance inspections.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Must have the ability to write procedures, policies, reports, and correspondence.
- Must be comfortable with delivering presentations to audiences of 5 to 20 5-200 people (ex. training, presentation of data or results)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures and policies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact and form strong working relationships with individuals from all disciplines.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask.
• Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• 7 years' relevant experience including experience at a manufacturing site
• Thorough knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
• Large pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience
Personal Protective Equipment