To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1194 Big Bethel Road
Hampton, VA 23666
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Dental Assistant
Benevis Practice Services • Hampton, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Here at Resolution Dental, our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Resolution Dental means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with a child. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Resolution Dental is looking for a Part Time Dental Assistant ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Resolution Dental is more than just a job. Resolution Dental is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
* Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
* Guide parents and patients through Resolution Dental process before treatment
* Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
* Prepare patient for examination and treatment
* Take x-rays and save to patient charts
* Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory rooms
* Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
* Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
* Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
* Clean chairs and rooms
* Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
* Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
* Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
* Pour, trim and polish impression casts
* Fabricate custom impression trays
* Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Resolution Dental
* Assist with monthly inventory counts
* Assist with other office duties as needed including but not limited to front office
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
* High focus on customer service and satisfaction
* Must love working with patients of all ages
* Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
* Integrity, always doing the right thing
* Must be dependable and reliable
* Attention to detail
* Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet the needs of our patients and schedule
* Professional manner and appearance required at all times
* Computer skills: Computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
X-ray certification required, dental assistant certificate required, CPR certification required
* One year office experience in a dentist office is preferred
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full --time employees. Resolution Dental benefits include: medical, dental , vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!
Resolution Dental team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?