CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
This role supports the needs of Pilot Chemical Corp. in all aspects of business and corporate communications. This includes responsibility for expanding and enhancing Pilot’s brand, external network, outreach and press coverage. In addition, leadership and coordination of internal messaging to employees on topics including key corporate messages, change management and safety, community outreach, and employee and customer survey results are key expectations. Developing a deep understanding of Pilot’s strategy, capabilities, and partnerships; and collaboration and style compatibility with senior leadership and all functions will be critical.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, help develop and enhance the brand of Pilot as part of the company’s recent strategy refresh.
- Responsibility for the flawless execution and the creation of external press, social media and corporate messaging for community outreach, acquisitions, capital expansions, major personnel announcements, and organization updates.
- Internally, lead and be responsible for the development and implementation of a holistic communications strategy to reinforce change management behaviors; the company’s strategy, vision, mission, and values; and safety across all sites and to all personnel.
- Provide guidance on and execution of all corporate (internal) messaging across all Pilot sites for distribution via television monitors, manufacturing huddles, etc.
- Support senior management and work collaboratively on the strategic content and design (as appropriate) for Board of Directors presentations, Sales, new product announcements, Town Halls, and quarterly progress communications, as required.
- Define, develop and implement, based upon survey feedback and focus groups, the best options and plans for optimization of employee communications outreach.
- Coordinate with Marketing, senior leadership and other functions (as appropriate), to align internal and external outreach to create a unified brand look and template for Pilot.
- B.S. degree in journalism or communications; an extended career in a corporate, public relations or marketing communications setting is a plus.
- A high level of initiative and marketing communications, public relations and community outreach experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills across a range of business functions and personnel styles.
- Strong grammar skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience creating content across a range of communications media: print, blogging, social media, digital video, etc.
- Experience, education, background in science or technical communications is preferred.
- Leading edge experience, interest and competencies in AI, social media and digitalization.
- Experience or familiarity with working with creative agencies and communications support agencies is a plus.
Pilot Chemical provides benefits-eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits package in addition to a great work environment, professional development, and community involvement opportunities.
Join our growing team!