• Be a driver of results for the team operations integrator and team member.
• Characterizes new manufacturing processes and implement improvements based upon learnings.
• Performs design for manufacturability and assembly analyses looking for areas of simplification and improvement.
• Identify and ensure the optimization of complex manufacturing and/or R&D processes using engineering and statistical methods.
• Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
• Qualify engineering tooling/fixtures
• Author and execute validations for new equipment and processes.
• Creates and updates technical engineering documentation (reports, technical summaries, FMEAs, etc) and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes.
• Provides updates, strategy recommendations, and plans to management, as needed.
• Able to train and work with production operators on the manufacturing floor to get feedback to improve manufacturing processes.
• Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work
• Process improvement experience required
• Technical writing experience and strong technical writing skills required
• Direct technicians/ manage and run studies required
• Have knowledge of statistical tools
• Regulatory background preferred
• Hands-on problem solving and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong in developing working relationships with cross functional teams. Works well on Teams
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention of details.
• High energy individual who has excellent leadership, organization and teamwork.
• Project ownership and accountability for project results.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 2 years related work experience Required or
Master's Degree or equivalent and internship, senior projects or thesis in Engineering or Scientific field with including either industry or industry/education Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Complex Problem Solving