CoStar Group is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our Atlanta-based Apartments Network team. This exciting opportunity contributes to the growth of CoStar’s apartment rental brands including Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, Apartamentos.com, Cozy.co, WestsideRentals.com, AFTER55.com, ForRentUniversity.com, and CorporateHousing.com.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, a self-starter, loves challenges and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This excellent problem solver takes pride in being best in class at leveraging their technical depth and breadth to design, build and support data solutions. This candidate is never satisfied with the status quo and is strong communicator who can actively engage in conversations about data needs and opportunities.
- Proactively drive and facilitate conversations about data needs with stakeholders across the company
- Build and maintain data pipelines and ETL process
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance data collection procedures and analytic systems
- Understand, unify and integrate data from internal and third-party data sources using industry best practices for scalability, quality, simplicity, and maintainability
- Designing appropriate indexes for new tables, and analyze existing indexes for improvement
- Conduct performance analysis and optimize systems to ensure products provide optimal performance
- Ownership of end-to-end data and analytical solutions including internal and third-party systems and software components
- Design, build and manage the deployment of various big data applications
- Drive self-service analytics initiatives
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical experience
- 3+ years of experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation, maintenance and support
- 3+ years of experience with one or more programming language: Python, Scala, Java, R, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, data definition, and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining SSIS packages
- 3+ years of experience managing ETL with data warehouses (AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, etc)
- Strong experience working with both structured and unstructured data
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and big data sets
- Fluency running automated jobs to manipulate and store data from APIs via Google Compute Engine, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage, EC2, AWS Lambda, S3, etc.
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with container applications like Docker
- Expertise creating and managing dashboards in data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Google Data Studio, SSRS, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation, project management, and working with others in team communicate data-driven insights
Nice to Have
- Experience with workflow management tools like Airflow
- Understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, K-Means, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Neural Networks, etc.
- Experience developing recommendation engines using different techniques like collaborative filtering, content-based filtering, deep learning-based approaches, etc.
What We Offer
You work hard to connect with our customers and communities every day. As part of your total rewards package, CoStar is committed to offering you valuable health, wellness and financial benefits to support you and your family, both now and in the future. At CoStar, we help our clients succeed by providing the most cutting-edge, reliable information and tools in the business. And we want our employees to succeed too. We strive to hire the best talent and reward you with top-notch, market-leading pay, benefits and career opportunities. As an example of our commitment to excellence, CoStar ranks in the 90th percentile of employers who offer competitive and affordable medical plans.
Join the CoStar Team
Join the team that creates CoStar’s winning technology. If you’re an engineer you have an incredible opportunity at CoStar – named one of Forbes’ Most Innovative Growth Companies for four consecutive years. We’re always looking for talent to help build the tools and analytics that harvest our big data and power our research operations and shape the marketplaces that serve tens of millions of people each month. Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. Founded in 1987, CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availabilities. LoopNet is the most heavily trafficked commercial real estate marketplace online with approximately 5 million monthly unique visitors per month. Realla is the UK's most comprehensive commercial property digital marketplace. Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, Westside Rentals, AFTER55.com, CorporateHousing.com, ForRentUniversity.com, Cozy and Apartamentos.com form the premier online apartment resource for renters seeking great apartment homes and provide property managers and owners a proven platform for marketing their properties. CoStar Group's websites attracted an average of approximately 45 million unique monthly visitors in aggregate in the third quarter of 2018. Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe and Canada with a staff of over 3,600 worldwide, including the industry's largest professional research organization.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Extract Transform Load (Etl)