Description of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of an area Clinical Care Coordinator, The RN is responsible for providing direct school nursing services in an effort to promote prevention, medical management and academics.
Nursing Supervisor, School Principal or School Designee
- Provides school nursing services to direct service school districts.
- Assesses and evaluates the health and developmental status of the pupil in order to make a nursing diagnosis and establish a priority for action.
- Interprets the health and developmental status of the pupil to school personnel, parents, and the pupil as appropriate.
- Serves as a health resource person in the health instruction curriculum and takes leadership with faculties in planning and implementing a health education programs.
- Provides parent education related to student needs.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance; Dress attire to portray self as a healthcare provider including intact name tag.
- Report for work in designated time frames; while maintaining a reliable and dependable work ethic.
- Work well with others and resolve conflict in a professional manner that promotes a win-win situation.
- Work as a team player with flexible work ethics in order to meet the need of the school program.
- Utilize good verbal and written communication skills to obtain specific data from the nursing supervisor, student, family, physician and/or school designee regarding the student’s health needs.
- Participation in the development of Health Plans and attend school conferences when applicable. Provide care, delegate and teach care to others under the established plan of care while following the direction of a physician, nursing supervisor, school designee and/or parent.
- Attend appropriate continuing education programs as per licensure requirements and participate in PSA in-servicing and training as offered.
- Demonstrate legal and ethical behavior within the scope of practice and the responsibilities of an RN.
- Exhibit behavior supporting and promoting student’s rights and overall well being.
- Follow PSA and school board policies and procedures that affect the health, safety, and well being of students in the school health setting. Report any changes in the student’s mental, physical, or environmental condition (including any incidents) to the physician, nursing supervisor, school designee and parent as applicable.
- Recognize and report signs of substance abuse, physical abuse or neglect.
- Provide a clean and safe environment within the school, including the safe use of equipment. Maintain a neat and orderly work space.
- Identify appropriate methods for storage of equipment, supplies, and medications.
- Maintain universal precautions and good hand-washing technique.
- Maintain and coordinate standards of nursing while managing a comprehensive school health program.
- Provide preventive and rehabilitative measures while assisting/providing nursing assessments and screenings in an effort to promote safety and health for all.
- Perform treatments and/or procedures with skill and competence.
- Maintain and follow physician order for any invasive procedure and/or skill. Administer medication as per MD order and/or parental consent.
- Provide individual teaching and training with student and/or others in an effort to encourage and promote student independence when applicable.
- Collaborate, coordinate and supervise services with others in order to promote academics and individualized student needs.
- Perform duties within a timely and proficient manner.
- Accurately document services provided in accordance with agency policies and procedures on the day the services are rendered.
- Submit nursing documentation, logs, reports and time sheets within a timely manner and per policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Hold a State approved licensure for Registered Nursing or higher.
- Current, active professional nursing license in good standing in state of practice.
- Maintain a current CPR certification.
- One year of pediatric/neonatal experience preferred.
- Health requirements as per Company policies and state law and regulation.
- Satisfactorily complete a criminal background check clearance to include fingerprinting and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s License and MVR.
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs.
- Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
- Occasional rapid movement and physical agility in response to the spontaneity of children and those patients with neurological impairment.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Transferring, or re-positioning patients, alone or with assistance, for feeding, dressing, bathing, or rendering treatment.
- Must be able to see and hear to monitor lights, sounds and alarms on equipment.
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
- Must be able to discern changes in temperature or texture by touch.
- May be required to provide care while riding in a vehicle.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period.
Hardworking And Dedicated
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
This estimation is based on Job title, Industry, Location and Skills
Avg. Yearly Salary
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R0009068
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.