You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
CLOUD CAPITAL - Vice President, Accounting
Cloud Capital is a global investment management firm founded by Hossein Fateh, the Founder and CEO of CloudHQ LLC and Co-founder and former CEO of DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT). The firm was established to identify and capitalize on acquisitions of high-quality data centers across the globe. Cloud Capital acquires, manages, develops and operates data centers to become the long-term owner and operator of choice for tenants globally.
What The Role Entails
The Vice President of Accounting will report directly to the Senior Vice President - Finance & Fund Controller - US and be responsible for the accounting and reporting of the Cloud Capital US fund entities, as well as oversee the property-level accounting for our fund portfolio of data centers. The ideal candidate, possessing experience in the data center and/or commercial real estate sector, will work with our internal teams and external providers to provide accurate accounting and reporting data to our investors, lenders and management.
What You Will Get to Do
• Manage and oversee the full-cycle accounting close process for the Cloud Capital fund entities and the investment advisor
• Manage the quarterly NAV and financial statement process, coordinating with our third-party fund administrator to deliver accurate and timely reporting to our investors
• Oversee and manage investor capital accounts
• Review property-level lender reports and ensure lender reporting requirements and deadlines are met
• Manage the annual budget process and timeline for the Cloud Capital asset portfolio, working closing with our property management and investment teams
• Work with third-party fund administrator to manage capital calls and investor distributions
• Oversee the annual audit of our fund entities
• Manage the treasury needs of the fund entities, facilitating the movements of cash through the ownership structure for capital calls, distributions, and fund expenses
• Manage and ensure proper accounting treatment of the interest rate hedging activities for the Cloud Capital portfolio
• Manage and ensure proper accounting treatment of foreign currency hedging activities
• Monitor REIT-compliance within our fund structure
What You Bring to The Role
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Ten to fifteen (10-15) years of REIT/Real Estate experience
• An active CPA certification
• Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
• Must be highly process-oriented and have experience with organizational control environments
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong work ethic and self-motivation
• Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
• Works well with internal and external team members and drives execution through collaboration and networking
• Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
What Makes Our Ideal Candidate Stand Out
- Knowledge of taxation for REITs/real estate investments
- Yardi experience
- Fund/partnership accounting experience
What We Offer
CloudHQ's people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
- Attention To Detail
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3979592973
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.