One of TEKsystems clients is looking for multiple qualified candidates to support their IT department's Security Operations Center (SOC). This is a great opportunity for someone to get their foot in the door with a local enterprise company. This is also a great opportunity for someone to grow their skills within IT Support/IT Security and have the opportunity to advance their careers within IT. They are currently looking for individuals who are looking to grow within their company. Previous Security Analyst or SOC Analyst or Helpdesk or Desktop Support or PC Technician experience is preferred. IT certifications are desirable for this role. This will be a first shift opportunity on a Contract to Hire basis. Pay will be negotiable based on experience.
*Please apply if you're interested in hearing more about the opportunity and if you feel you're capable of completing any of these job duties*
*We are looking to set up interviews as early as next week*
The Security Analyst is responsible for executing processes that prevent, detect and respond to security events across the organization. The analyst will stay informed of advances in attacker techniques and implement improvements to tools and processes as needed. Additional responsibilities include: identifying vulnerabilities and creating remediation plans. Ensure that SIEM tools are functioning appropriately, and take an active role as a first responder to security alerts, assessing and quickly containing malicious activity. The Security Analyst will staff a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC) and must be able to adjust to a flexible work schedule when necessary.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor SIEM alerts from a variety of application and infrastructure platforms and leverage additional security tools for executing triage and incident escalation processes.
- Audit system security in a variety of environments, write security reports and update procedures to ensure compliance with security standards, regulations and privacy laws.
- Research security trends and recommend improvements. Engage engineering staff and management for approval, and then assist in implementation.
- Validate the effectiveness of security tools through rigorous testing, tuning and continuous improvement.
- As needed, administer security changes such as add/change/delete user accounts or group profiles and maintain user access lists.
- Maintain confidentiality on all sensitive security matters.
- Know and enforce all information security policies
- Ensure SOC Security tools are working within tolerance levels
- Provide alert monitoring, investigation and analysis across all SOC security tools
- Document security alerts according to SOC procedures
- Record and produce metrics as assigned
- Must be able to adjust to a flexible work schedule when necessary.
- Provide SME support for lower level analysts
- Review and determine escalation of violations to Incident Response Team
- Work with and provide support to Incident Response Team
- Drive security tool tuning and continuous improvement initiatives
- Create, review and maintain all SOC documentation
- Provide reports as directed by leadership
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with system administration tasks across multiple operating systems deployed in both physical and virtual environments.
- Experience with authentication, authorization and auditing technologies and how they are implemented in different environments.
- Familiar with vulnerability assessments processes, penetration testing techniques and audit procedures.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Platform-specific and platform independent scripting skills are a strong plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree or Equivalent work experience
- Security certifications are a strong plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call
888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
Security Information And Event Management