What Product Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Development, NPHS is responsible for developing and commercializing NPHS internal commercial and external contract manufacturing drug products.
- Will provide hands-on laboratory work and technical expertise on analytical, formulation, and process development activities in support of new and existing injectable drug products.
- Designing development studies, writing, and executing protocols in collaboration with operations personnel, collecting and analyzing scientific data, and preparing study reports.
- Analytical, formulation, and process development; technology transfer; scale-up and commercialization of new and generic drug products; and the manufacture of clinical trial materials.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and implement process improvements for commercial products, identifying and developing innovative ideas using sound statistical experimental designs and multivariate analysis, and applying the principles of physical/organic chemistry and materials science to formulation development.
- Effectively communicate with personnel in other departments, present technical data at team and department meetings, and provide key timeline information to project management. Representing analytical, formulation, and process functions on cross functional project teams, the individual will coordinate development activities at both local and remote manufacturing sites with different stakeholders.
- Play a critical role in large scale product and process development programs.
- Must be willing to work on projects with high visibility and short timelines as well as be flexible with frequent changes in project priority.
- Excellent data management skills, including good laboratory practices, as well as experience with data mining and analysis.
- Ability to perform scientific calculations, statistical analysis, and data processing using MS Excel or equivalent software.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with direct experience creating GMP documentation suitable to support quality and regulatory compliance needs.
- Excellent learning and teaching skills are also required to advance functional abilities and knowledge of peers and junior staff across the organization.
- Familiarity and experience with handling radiopharmaceutical products preferred, but not mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum of 12 years relevant professional experience preferred
- Individuals with advanced degrees in the same field of study with commensurate experience will also be considered
- In depth knowledge in pharmaceutical formulation and process development familiarity and experience across multiple product types are required
- This position requires both bench work in a laboratory setting and an office environment
- Advanced laboratory skills, including direct experience with modern chromatographic (HPLC, GC, IC, TLC, etc.) and wet chemistry (USP tests) techniques; analytical method development and validation experience are required
- Experience with injectable products preferred
- Up to 30% travel will be required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Process Improvements (Business)
High Performance Liquid Chromatography