Join an expanding Insurance and Risk Management firm searching for stellar Sales talent to expand and capture even more market share. Ideal candidates must have prior success cold calling business owners, and C-Suite executives.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate success in this sales environment by showing consistent activity, persistence, and commitment to solving business problems and making sure that our solutions are in alignment with objectives of the client in order to drive business forward.
Hunting, qualifying, and networking, are premium skills needed to succeed in this role. We’re looking for candidates to be able to immediately establish trust and confidence, while exuding knowledge and passion about the solutions we offer.
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with highly personalized, local service.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Achieve annual new revenue objectives through consultative sales to new clients and expansion of service lines to existing clients
- Develop a Personal Development Plan annually outlining personal and professional goals for upcoming year
- Build an active pipeline of qualified prospects, generating leads from personal contacts, external centers of influence, client referrals, CBIZ associates, and CBIZ marketing sources
- Document activity, notes, and prospect data in appropriate CBIZ systems
- Develop and present recommendations to clients based upon consultative selling approach
- Appropriately close for new business, documenting won and lost opportunities, and reasons
- Seamlessly transition sold clients to designated client service team
- Serve as client’s valued advisor; building a strategic and personal relationship with key client decision makers
- As appropriate, work with client service team to serve client and retain business
- Communicate with leadership, providing field input on market trends, competitor analysis, and other business intelligence
- Identify, initiate, and support cross serving leads to other CBIZ business developers
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals if applicable to position
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven successful lead generation
- Experience selling to business owners and C-Suite executives
- Series 65, CFP, or CFA
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some relevant industry experience
- Must obtain required licenses/credentials
- Superior command of verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Certified Financial Planner