Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
As a Field Based Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social screenings, care coordination and member education.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Linking members to applicable community resources
- Complete field visits for high risk, hard to reach members
- Telephonic outreach to targeted members
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Create a positive and engaging experience for the member
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Collaborate with member’s care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Partner with and support care team by completing delegated tasks
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- Conduct individual-level screenings to capture member's current health care needs (e.g. Transitions of Care, Health Risk assessments)
- Engage member to participate in the screening process and collaboratively develop plan of care based on their individual needs, preferences, and objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must be a NC resident and have resided within the local community for 2+ years
- Must reside in Macon, Clay, Cherokee or Jackson County, NC
- Must have knowledge of culture and values of community
- Must have familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents, spreadsheets, correspondence in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel locally (up to 75%), up to 120 miles round trip (60 miles one way) (includes mileage reimbursement)
- Must have a designated workspace inside the home with the ability to access high-speed internet
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Work and/or Health Care Administration
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant
- CHW Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Military & Veterans find your next mission:
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Based Community Health Worker - Macon, Clay, Cherokee or Jackson County, NC
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Based Community Health Worker - Macon, Clay, Cherokee or Jackson County, NC
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Macon, Clay, Cherokee, Jackson county, Hayesville, social work, psychology, social services, human services, or behavioral sciences, Associate Degree, Medical Assistant, HIS, Certified Community Health Representative, CHR, LPN, hiring immediately, #rpo