To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Clinical Proposal Writer - Medicaid Behavioral Health and Care Management - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coordinates proposal development activities including drafting proposals for new and existing clients (e.g., employers, government), gathering related statistical and system - related reports, and directing the preparation of supporting documents and analyses
- Works closely with sales, product, legal, pricing, and other functions to tailor contractual provisions to reflect prospect's needs, company interests, and appropriate resources and timelines
- Managing and coordinating proposal development activities including working with proposal writers and SMEs to draft proposals for new and existing State partners
- Often required to write content regarding the management and delivery of behavioral health and Care Management services. Must possess a thorough understanding of these areas and be able to write in a clear and concise fashion
- Must be able to understand RFP questions and create outlines for responses
- Ensure proposals are developed in a professional manner as efficiently as possible, in compliance with procedural requirements
- Develop and display knowledge of the Medicaid market in order to assist in the growth of public sector business for OptumHealth
- Demonstrate outstanding project management skills in order to keep proposal response teams on target for on - time delivery of proposals
- Lead group proposal reviews and direct approach to incorporating changes
- Ensure final document is compliant with RFP requirements, including all direct, derived and implied requirements
- Collaborate with the proposal production team to address proposal layout and publishing issues, and to provide concepts for creating supporting graphics for proposals
- Escalate conflicts and issues to the VP Proposal Management as required
- Ensure that work by the team is completed according to defined deadlines
- Adhere to established Optum proposal process including use of required tools and documents
- Demonstrate flexibility when timelines and requirements dictate
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement of the Optum proposal development process
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing proposals and responses to RFP / RFR / RFI requests
- 3+ years of experience in professional and management roles within a Medicaid behavioral health and / or care management service delivery organization
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to multi - task and direct project outcomes based on business objectives
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
- Capable of managing a variety of complex projects while driving momentum on key projects
- Persuasive writing style with the ability to write succinct and compelling messages
- Excellent writing / editing / proofreading skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Team player
- Able to work evenings and weekends as proposal schedule requires
- Demonstrate initiative and a strategic business focus
- Demonstrate clear and concise verbal and written skills with the ability to convert technical information into easy to understand documents
- Possess exceptional technical / marketing writing skills and ability to integrate complex ideas, strategies and operational models
- Is a change agent / self - starter; able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities; continually seeks ways to improve processes; demonstrates creative, cost - effective solutions; generates ideas with confidence and is persuasive in selling ideas
- Demonstrate organizational and personal influencing skills; creates, builds and maintains relationships that enhance the performance of the business, including those outside direct control; obtains commitments from individuals or groups to ensure organization’s success; ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers to produce high - quality work; focus on understanding the needs of the customer and manages to the customer’s expectations
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning, coordination and project management skills
- Display excellent communication skills and consensus building abilities
- Complete multiple projects under extremely tight time frames with little to no supervision
- Develop and maintain proficient business knowledge of UnitedHealth Group, its family of businesses and their products and services
- Maintain proficient operational knowledge in functional areas such as claims, information systems, member / provider services, finance, compliance, quality assurance and health services management.
- Model and support effective team building - able to work independently, as part of a team or as team leader
- Meet deadlines consistently
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RFP, RFR, RFI, Proposal, Proposal Writer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home