Interns will observe and learn to oversee services provided to youth residing temporarily in the program.
Interns will observe and learn to:
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Supervise youth in program: Monitor youth behavior on and off property, coordinate recreational and service activities for youth, provide an appropriate adult role model for youth in care.
- Complete tasks required to run the group home household: Appropriately purchase food and household supplies, plan and prepare meals, and maintain the cleanliness of the house and grounds.
- Admit youth to the program: Manage referrals and arrange intakes as needed, complete assessments and appropriate forms as required, assess immediate needs of youth, search youth belongings.
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork in a timely manner: daily Case Notes, data collection and PQI requirements, other required documentation.
- Communicate with staff regarding youth's case and behaviors and all scheduling for the day including meals, intakes, discharges, family sessions, and daily room checks.
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Must be presently enrolled in a College, University, Technical, Vocational, or Certification Program that requires or allows internship as part of the program.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Skilled ability in computer systems including PC software, spreadsheets, Word, Access, PowerPoint and other applications. Ability to maintain good rapport with community partners and supports, other employees, and demonstrate constructive problem-solving skills.
Other: Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Physical Demands: Must be capable of lifting or moving office supplies and materials up to 25 pounds. The office may be a busy and noisy facility from time to time. Able to pass health screening exam.