Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Nurse Aide Instructors
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough and accurate knowledge of the teaching field and discipline;
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Modify instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students' needs;
- Prepare lesson plans and teach course as prescribed by the approved institutional curriculum;
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments;
- Completion of online courses related to teaching adult learners.
Successful candidates will have:
- Must be a current Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in Texas;
- Successfully completed a course in teaching adults, experience in teaching adults or supervising nurse aides;
- 1 year long-term care facility experience is required;
- Ability to plan and follow a curriculum;
- Ability to keep a classroom full of students engaged in the learning process. In other words, you must have strong communications skills;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Registered Nurse Certified
Licensed Vocational Nurses