Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The Import and Export Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliant import and export activities. This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well as ensuring compliance agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains inventory control system and update annex 24
- Monitors Free Trade Agreements and Duty Reduction Programs (i.e. NAFTA, UEFTA, Duty Relief Program, Special permits, etc.) to ensure they are fully utilized and that legal requirements are met.
- Coordinates requests with the Secretary of Economy
- Requests and follows up to Rule 8.
- Obtains and reviews certificate of origin from vendors.
- Supervises production line transfers into Mexico in order to ensure that all Mexican / US customs compliance obligations are met as well as any other special projects related with Mexican Customs and International trade topics.
- Creates, implements and maintains Internal Import and Export Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinates shipments with freight forwarders, customs brokers, and customers or suppliers
- Provides information to customs brokers to complete import declarations
- Ensures that the export classification of each item is current and maintain a database of classifications.
- Ensures current HTS classifications and country of origin information.
- Monitors and manages trade compliance recordkeeping.
- Prepares and reviews requirements for government programs, Customs Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT), NEEC, FDA product code, etc.
- Works pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities related to expediting the incoming shipments from carriers and/or forwarders and verifying the freight invoice against purchase terms with vendor.
- Pro-actively and promptly notifies the Supply Chain Manager to import and export conflicts.
- Coordinates with Planning, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management and Finance to ensure proper and necessary customs documents are prepared for the customers or received from vendors.
- Interfaces with other internal departments in order to provide them guidance on best practices for import and export.
- Follows medical device manufacturing best practices (GMP, GDP, etc.), current Nordson Medical policies and procedures, ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820 and other applicable regulations to ensure compliance to applicable customer and regulatory requirements.
- Writes reports
- Provides raw material inventory report to Government agency (monthly)
- Reports savings from using Free Trade Agreements and Duty Reduction Programs (Quarter)
- Prepares Supply Chain metrics reports as assigned: weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in International Trade or Business Administration preferred.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in trade and/or trade compliance related.
- Strong knowledge of I/E operation and complexity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Be motivating, proactive and have ability to promote / create a positive and productive change in people that make up the production team.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish. Ability to write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in tense situations.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies.
- Values cultural diversity and other differences; fosters an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Office, Control Environment area environments
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to traverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Occasional regional travel.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of to various Nordson and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Iso 13485
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule