To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Charleston, SC
Posted 3 days ago
ECS is seeking a Linux Administrator to work in our Charleston, SC office.
Five (5) years of hands on experience as a Linux (primarily RHEL) Administrator performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. Functions include planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software; managing accounts, network rights; managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability; implementing security procedures and tools; developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures; resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems; ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration; managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices. Experience with user account management and associated DoD security practices.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RHEL based systems
- Maintaining STIG compliance of RHEL based systems
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts as well as industry best practices to include virtualization technologies and management tools
- Experience with chassis/blade/storage system hardware configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- System performance benchmarking and analysis in VMware ESXi virtual environments
- Understanding of essential network services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, IMAP, and SNMP
- Day to day support operations maintaining security patches on all RHEL based systems
- Day to day support operations maintaining the VMware ESXi virtual environment
- Day to day support operations providing configuration updates to meet user requirements on all RHEL systems and services
- Knowledge of syslog collection and familiarization with Splunk search language
- Experience with shell scripting. Perl, PHP, CGI.
- Experience with the Puppet Labs configuration management system
- Experience with kickstarting RHEL installs
- Experience with NetApp storage arrays
- Familiarity with Splunk architecture and best practices
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.