Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
This position will be responsible for the development and delivery of cleaner energy alternatives and solutions in the transportation sector as it relates to ongoing trends towards electrification and the adoption of hydrogen as a future fuel. The focus will be on several key areas: engineering feasibility, economic evaluation, cleaner energy (electrification, hydrogen, compressed natural gas, renewables), decarbonization, transition to zero emission vehicles (ZEVs), fueling, reduced GHG footprint, energy storage, cleaner manufacturing and energy usage, pipeline repurposing, and resource management for private sector and public sector clients in the United States and Canada. This initiative will move across the automotive sector, fleets at the private and public level, rail and transit, and the aviation industry.
- Builds on previous client relationships to provide opportunities and support Business Group development
- Leverages existing GHD clients in the Transportation market as well as interfacing with energy clients through the Future Energy team, as well as other clients that have clear drivers to decarbonize operations
- Builds effective relationships with key existing clients, while also expanding the client base
- Serves as the client manager for key clients and develops/executes associated client engagement plans
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand
- Promotes and collaborates in the development of innovative project delivery methods
- Sit on the North American Future Energy Leadership team to integrate strategy with the broader Future Energy strategy
- Collaborate with global Future Energy experts in the transportation space, understand and extending approaches and expertise that have generated success in other geographies
- Collaborates with Global, North American and Regional Market Leaders, Client Resource Managers, Service Line Leaders, and Client Sector Leaders to achieve excellent business outcomes
- Develops and mentors senior leadership and/or rising talent within the Business Group
- Works with project directors, managers, and teams to establish and improve Business Group job delivery skills
- Attracts strategic hires to develop the Business Group
Experience and Skills:
- Defines strategy for the nexus between transportation and energy, focusing on the push for decarbonization as it pertains to commercial opportunities and regulatory drivers
- Pre-positions for projects, develops opportunities, and obtains RFPs
- Develops responses to RFPs, scope of work packages, budgets, and progress reports
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to conduct assessments of existing transit and other facilities and operating resources, and opportunities for transition and improvement.
- Drives project teams to provide successful and technically sound project deliveries to meet and exceed client and GHD requirements
- Adheres to GHD Management Systems for Safety, Integrity, Quality, and Environment
- Drives positive client interaction, as verified through client surveys
Key Performance Indicators:
- Education requirement – Degree in business, engineering or other related profession
- Required years of experience - Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the transportation sector with strong connections to the decarbonization side of the business, with demonstrated ability to work in energy transition and to drive this mandate
- Required technical skills - Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience building business and strategy in North American markets
- • Other skills - Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
- Increase GHD’s market share through new and existing client development by $0.5M of booked work in Year 1 and $1M in Year 2
- Blend client billable work with business development strategies; utilization goal will be 50% (after first 9 months of employment)
- Bring 1 to 2 strategic hires/new staff into GHD in Year 1 and in Year 2
- Timely, cost effective and quality delivery of Services by Business Group, as measured through client (internal and external) feedback
- Provide accurate forecasting of Backlog and Opportunities.
- Manage project financials in terms of established performance goals and zero project variance
- Manage DSO/AR to targets
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Coaching And Mentoring