Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Business Unit Field Services & Workshops (FS&WS) in Marine Power is a global organisation with harmonised ways of working and tools to deliver the best possible services for our customers. FS&WS in one of the key enablers to support customers towards sustainable future with the latest technologies.
In our global team we value, respect, and embrace different opinions and diversity.
Safety, environment, and wellbeing are our foundation, and we never compromise them.
If you want to join a team where colleagues support each other, works hard, and know how to have fun, come and apply!
We are now looking for a Field Service Superintendent Engineer, 2-stroke Services to join our team of highly skilled professionals .
As a Field Service Superintendent Engineer, 2-stroke Services, your responsibilities for the role include:
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan
- Perform advanced mechanical as well as electronic & automation and system integration related troubleshooting on 2-stroke engines and ancillary equipment
- Perform technical advisory for repair activities executed on customers responsibility
- Commissioning of service products
- On-site team leading and managing of the assigned team and related activities during the work execution
- Interact with customers during the work execution
- Interacting with Field Services back office and Technical Services during work execution
- Perform internal and external progress status up-dates of the assigned work
- Create the Service Work Reports
- Proactively consulting, advising and promoting available Wärtsilä solutions and products to customer
To be successful in this role, we expect you have:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ship Operation Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Good command in English, both written and oral
- Ability to create internal and external work reports
- Ability to communicate and interact well with customers and other stakeholders
- Literacy on Information Management Applications/ Tools such as MS Office
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time
Contact and next steps
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae. We hope to hear from you before the last application date 12 November 2021, through submitting your application in our careers portal.
Please reach out to Simpiwe Gaqazele, Technical Manager, 2 Stroke, through [ Email address blocked ] with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Last application date: 31/05/2022
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems deliver the reliability, safety, and environmental performance that Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine vision encompasses. We offer our customers performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ]
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
- Field Service Management
- Information Management