To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 90016
- Spin Master Ltd
- Phone: 416 364-6002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Information Technology
Spin Master • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Manager, Information Technology
Reporting to: Senior Director, IT
About Spin Master
Spin Master is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Zoomer™ Dino, Bakugan Battle Brawlers™, Air Hogs®, and 2015 Toys of The Year, Bunchems and Meccanoid G15. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 63 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 16 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 12 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced six television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 1,000 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, Mexico, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia.
The Manager of Information Technology role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Enforce corporate security Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Enforce Identity Access Mgmt (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) standards to ensure audit compliance.
- Act as technical lead for internal IT audits
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including Service desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of IT goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's department head, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Maintain Corporate Internal Controls Audit and Compliance requirements
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science and minimum 8yrs experience
- Certifications in ITIL a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including mobile devices (Android & iOS).
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows server and desktop environments
- Strong technical knowledge of storage infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of WiFi infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including full TCP/IP stack
- Strong understanding of ITIL Incident Management and Change Management process
- O365 experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of Video Conferencing technologies
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure architecture and deployment
- Strong understanding of Operating System hardening standards
- Extensive knowledge of Role Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If you were interested in being a part of Spin Master, please send us your applications
All Internal applications / referrals, please contact your Talent Acquisition Coordinator @ Spin Master.
While applying please ensure that you highlight the source & job title in the subject line.
eg: Application for ' Job Title & SOURCE: (where you heard about this job) in the subject line.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.