We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including firefighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
The S&OP Planning Manager is accountable for successfully leading and executing the overall planning requirements including; forecast analysis, capacity: demand analysis, demand analysis of raw materials, and utilizing performance data to create Operational plans and schedules for South Deerfield MTO and MTS demand. Develops and successfully implements strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations which align with the S&OP objectives. Drives continuous improvement initiatives throughout the extended Supply Chain by increasing information and material flow resulting in service level and inventory turn improvements across the organization. This position will work closely with the Leadership team to enhance, develop and implement system, process, and organizational improvements to reduce our lead-time and optimize our COGS. This includes, but is not limited to, driving the development of optimized material replenishment strategies (RAW, WIP and FGI) based on the need of each business unit/product line, developing and implementing supply chain/materials management best practices, leading, coaching and educating Planning team, leveraging SAP system tools, researching innovative supply chain tools that address gaps, and ensuring a consistent approach to driving continuous improvement throughout the SDF Operation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Accountable for all aspects of the South Deerfield Planning that lead to the reduction of lead-times, increased OTDP / OTDR, and successful materials management within established inventory and cost parameters.
- Implement programs and practices to assure the Planning & Scheduling infrastructure is suitable to the scope and size of the business as dictated through the S&OP process.
- Responsible for Management strategies and tactics surrounding supply planning, production and material inventory control plans.
- Manage the production scheduling team. Improve scheduling processes, upstream requirements visibility to Purchasing and internal component suppliers, downstream availability visibility to Customer Service and Sales, and alignment of the schedule to the S&OP plan and current MRP situation.
- Streamline existing and develop new KPIs as necessary to increase visibility and drive improvement.
- Champion collaborative environment with accountability that assures effective planning and execution across the Planning team. Successfully coach the team and drive educational growth opportunities through the team.
- Responsible for Capacity Planning in which capacity requirements are determined based on S&OP forecast models and adjustments as determined necessary.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain advanced planning techniques at the plant level and responsible for the continuous improvement of SAP planning tools.
- Collaborate with others to build the monthly S&OP plan, including aligning the forecast to the business plan on a quarterly basis with a focus on new capacity requirements and inventory investments, and address long-term capacity requirements to determine capital investment with respect to new tools, new machines, etc.
- Ensure Sales and Operations Forecast and Business (Fiscal) Plans are aligned with Sales, OPS, & Finance.
- Drive inventory management processes to ensure inventory models are applied to allow for targets to be appropriately set based on service level requirements.
- Drive analytics and disposition of slow-moving inventory and make recommendations for E&O and/or EOL.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Monitor supplier/production line performance to assess the ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Collaborate with production managers/suppliers to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback, and discuss production forecasts and changes.
- Lead supply chain team to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of materials, labor, and capacity.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as customer service, engineering, plant maintenance, and quality assurance, to ensure the successful execution of the production plans against OTDP & OTDR
- Support new product ramp-up key launch initiatives in collaboration with Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, or related fields or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) with a minimum of four years supervisory/managerial experience.
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certifications.
- Supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated competency in sales and operations planning and scheduling procedures, strategic thinking and leadership, with strong capabilities in relationship management with customers, vendors and employees at all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong communication, organizational, customer interface, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and present / educate across all levels of the organization.
- Strong Management and Team Building Skills—ability to work across all levels and create a positive collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP, business analytics, lean manufacturing, demand forecasting software and software in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Make-To-Stock, Make-To-Order, and Engineering-To-Order manufacturing environment.
- Experience with international supply chain and working with international cultures.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican’s brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Why Join Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks...
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Beautiful New England location
- Onsite gym
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Supply Chain Management