BCForward is seeking a highly motivated Logistics Analyst 2 and South Milwaukee, WI 53172 Location.
Job Role: Logistics Analyst 2/Master Scheduler
Work Location: South Milwaukee, WI 53172
Contract Length: 24 Months Contract
Shift Time: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The main function of a logistics planning analyst is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule.
- A typical planning analyst is responsible for reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules and compiling reports on inventory levels, cost, etc.
- Serves as a facility resource on Supply Chain matters related to Component aftermarket orders and Prime product orders.
- Evaluates orders and maintains order data integrity in SAP.
- Examine documents, materials and products, and monitor work processes in order to assess completeness, accuracy and conformation to standards and specifications.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- To help execute a production scheduling process that promotes efficiency and optimization of resources/assets internally while retaining enough flexibility to ensure that all customer needs are met in a timely and cost-conscious manner.
- Develops production plan to accommodate customer demand within practical production capabilities and balances the often-conflicting objectives of employment stability, efficient manufacturing and appropriate inventory levels to achieve optimum costs. Develops and coordinates these schedules with the machine shop. Monitors external issues which impact on scheduling concerns.
- Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels. Provides data, as needed, for critical review by supply chain, and factory managers, explaining why this plan provides the best solutions given conflicting objectives.
- In addition, provides support for multiple project teams working with Supply Chain Performance and Planning groups to ensure robust capacity and constraint management is used in the development of master production plans.
- Allocates product in short supply based on forecasts, large project requirements, special customers, etc. Provides subject matter expertise to project teams addressing supply constraints.
- Coordinates with Scheduling, Planning, Operations and other Logistics areas the best customer availability date based on available plant resources.
- Contacts Operations management to obtain earlier promise dates and suggests other alternatives (subcontract, deviations, tool room, etc.) necessary to meet effective dates.
- Reviews and reacts to changes released by Engineering and Manufacturing and reviews documents including Serial Numbers, Effective Date Changes, Parts Status Notices, etc.
- Reviews current scheduling methods and procedures, considers recurring problems, and develops or suggests improved methods and procedures as necessary.
Technical Skills Required:
- Requires experience in or knowledge of Inventory Control, Scheduling,
- Purchasing, Manufacturing and Assembly operations and their various data processing systems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and negotiate with personnel on all levels.
- Prior scheduling experience is preferred and beneficial.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse costs related to manufacturing, labour and materials. Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-4 years related experience required
Who to Contact: Vikranth Parimal
How to Apply: Please send your updated resume to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Logistics Analyst
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Logistics Analyst
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCForward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 113800 when responding to this ad.
Attention To Detail