Callon Petroleum Company is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on growing production and reserves from our oil-weighted, multi-play, multi-pay assets in the Permian and Eagle Ford Basins.
Our people are passionate and innovative and shape our understanding of what is possible and challenge us to consider new ideas. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, fully empowered environment, Callon is where you belong!
The HRIS System Analyst will be an essential part of the IT Applications team and serve as the primary support for the HR suite of applications. The Analyst will work in a team that supports all enterprise business applications and can expect to work across a variety of areas and applications as a secondary function. This position will report to the Director of Applications with significant interaction with the Director of Human Resources and human resources team.
- Manage projects, perform process improvements, and generate user guides, technical process flows, and training documents on HRIS systems
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions, and processes, experience with database tools and follows existing established processes within the Enterprise Applications Group
- Lead implementation, maintenance, patching and upgrade of HRIS systems and applications, prior experience with industry standard applications is essential
- Perform software programming, report writing and data integration activities as required
- Design and create user friendly reports and data extracts as needed (Microsoft tools preferred SSRS, SSIS and advanced knowledge of T-SQL preferred)
- Programming experience using Visual Studio (C#.NET, VB.NET, MVC) and/or low code solutions preferred
- Perform testing, coordinate with users and perform test script generation and conduct project meetings
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical staff to coordinate application development, reports and data extracts as needed
- Recommend and implement technology solutions from software or custom development
- Integrate custom solutions to existing technologies and architecture to provide functionality that is not currently available or implemented
- Maintain relationships with external vendors and internal departments
- Help gather evidence and documentation to support SOX audits
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Explore opportunities and technologies to improve overall efficiency and security of the HR applications
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Must respect and understand best practices in maintaining confidentiality of employee records and information
- Proactively communicate with IT and HR management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Technology or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience as a Developer, Programmer, Technical Analyst or Backend Analyst
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive in follow-up and follow-through; continual attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, projects and demands
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and effectively solve problems in a professional manner
- Sit/Stand at desk for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to use office equipment
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
We, at Callon Petroleum, are proud to have been recognized as a top workplace by the Houston Chronicle four years in a row – 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Because we hire the best people, we work hard to provide a total rewards program that focuses on our employees’ goals and needs. We offer competitive, performance-based compensation packages and a best-in-class benefit program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments