RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. RockCreek's entrepreneurial spirit, open culture, and inclusive team lead to better investments for universities, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds that partner with us. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors as well as diversity and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate, and relentless drive to excel. RockCreek is among the largest inclusive firms in the world.
Since our founding, RockCreek's commitment to sustainable investing, long term value creation, and good governance has begun at home. The way we operate our offices and partner with multiple stakeholders are in keeping with our aim to have a positive impact on markets globally and reduce our carbon footprint. Our founders have a deep commitment to sustainability as well as extensive experience with sustainable impact investing and ESG policies which date back to the 1980s including investing in energy, health, education, fintech, and financial inclusion.
RockCreek is seeking a corporate lawyer to join our team in Washington, DC to work primarily on private fund investment management and related corporate and compliance matters. You will be working closely with investment, client services, compliance and other teams. You are highly motivated and have a passion for financial markets and investment management. And will have interest in and ability to stretch across multiple disciplines. The environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and requires juggling a large number of priorities. The right candidate will possess a high degree of integrity, find ways to improve internal processes and procedures, and commit to the continuous development and improvement of themselves, the team and the entire firm.
The candidate will be closely involved in:
* Private fund investments and implementation of wide array of investments and corporate matters
* Negotiation of investment management agreements and other agreements with institutional investors and general partners in private equity, private credit and venture funds
* Manage and execute projects independently and maintain documentation evidencing compliance with internal policies and procedures
* Corporate legal matters and corporate governance
* Support and further initiatives driven by leadership team on a variety of matters
Skills required (essential):
* A professional who processes information quickly and multi tasks to drive effective business results with high standards of work product and high ethics
* Interest and ability to using current technology to foster efficiencies to scale operations
* 2-3 years of private fund experience in asset management
* Academic achievement; Law degree with US bar admission
* Excel in team-based environment
* Enjoy being proactive and contributing to entire firm
* Agility in SharePoint, Excel, databases and other tech tools
* Affinity for efficiencies and data collection and organizational tools
* For additional information on RockCreek, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Vice President & Counsel
* Follow us on LinkedIn: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Vice President & Counsel
/>* RockCreek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or age.
Consistent with our belief that team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
* Ability to work remotely with support technology
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents eligible
* 401(k) retirement plan with company match
* Paid time off, sick leave, and company holidays
* Wellness programs including meditation and fitness classes
* Onsite gym
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Customer Service
- Data Collection