Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Director- Legal, Manufacturing & Procurement to join our team in one of today's most exciting technologies. This position is based in our Newark, DE office but other locations will be considered.
This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today's most exciting technologies. In this Director-level position, you will serve as a primary attorney for key technology engineering, procurement & supply chain, and manufacturing teams within Bloom Energy and partner with these teams to develop, procure, manufacture and deploy Bloom Energy Servers worldwide. The person serving in this role will: (i) structure, draft, and negotiate agreements; and (ii) counsel internal business clients on matters and issues across the manufacturing and procurement & supply chain spectrum, including joint-development and other technology-focused matters. Additional responsibilities of this position include formulation and implementation of process-oriented improvements, administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling of pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Provide legal advice to Bloom Energy Procurement & Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Engineering teams on joint development agreements, manufacturing agreements, strategic sourcing and supply agreements, indirect sourcing, and logistics agreements.
* Support product managers and technical teams with legal advice during product design and development on issues related to procurement & supply chain coordination.
* Lead agreement-making process and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external manufacturing and supply chain vendors, including directly negotiating with partners and suppliers.
* Draft and maintain forms/templates for a variety of procurement & supply chain agreements including detailed negotiation position documents.
* Develop processes and procedures for direct and indirect procurement.
* Provide training to internal customers on a variety of legal issues.
* Manage supply-side legal operations and processes, including: (i) template agreements, playbooks, and back-off positions, (ii) supply-contract database, and (iii) contract activity monitoring and metrics.
* Provide strategic and practical legal advice and subject matter expertise on a range of relevant supply-side legal, regulatory, and operational matters, including: Security of supply, Supplier risk management on corruption and anti-bribery matters, Information security and data privacy, Corporate social responsibility, Procurement policies and procedures for both direct and indirect procurement and Conflict Minerals, trade compliance, and related regulatory matters.
Skills and Experience:
* Degree in Law (JD / LLB) from an accredited law school.
* Member in good standing of at least one state or provincial bar association.
* 10 or more years of legal experience as a commercial transactions' attorney (with at least four years at a law firm); in-house experience in a technology company is a plus.
* Global procurement and manufacturing experience.
* Intellectual property background and licensing experience is a plus.
* Patent licensing experience is a plus.
* International experience.
- Computer Security
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Data Protection