To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
24552 Pacific Park Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) Manager
American Addiction Centers • Aliso Viejo, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for supervision of a Behavioral Health Technician Team: Hiring and termination, performance evaluations, corrective actions, oversee house/facility schedules, hours worked and coverage. Provide team leadership and ensure all clients are supervised at all times. Ability to organize, develop and maintain program policies and procedures that meet the criteria for program licensure and certification by the State and CARF.
Reports To: Director of NursingResponsibilities
- Oversee and direct day to day workflow of Behavioral Health Technicians
- Ensure new hire Behavioral Health Technicians orientation and ongoing training is in place
- Provides team leadership in residential facility areas of the program
- Ensure residential facility BHTs are aware of and trained in cultural diversity issues
- Oversee facility: safety, cleanliness, general repair, etc.
- Manage crisis situations with patients
- Responsible for ensuring all clients are supervised at all times; gym, office, appointments, etc.
- Ensure office is clean, trash emptied, generally neat and organized
- Will provide assistance/coverage on shift when needed to ensure clients are supervised per policy and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for managing direct reports
- Preparation and presentation of performance evaluations
- Provides objective feedback to employees
- Makes appropriate compensation recommendations, if applicable
- Provides appropriate training for department and hold staff accountable for attending required training
- Holds interviews for vacant positions and makes appropriately selects candidates to fill open positions
- Responsible for recommending and ensuring regulatory staffing patterns & managing annual budget.
- Monitors adherence to company and department policies, procedures and practices
- Creates and supports a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment free work environment by understanding and complying with the company’s policies
- Assigning shift tasks and responsibilities to BHT on duty daily.
- Oversee the schedule for BHT and ensuring appropriate staffing daily.
- Will provide supportive on call support to BHT.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Certification as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor a plus.
- Two years of supervisory and team management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of all facets of a drug and alcohol treatment facility.
- Ability to adapt, observe, and make decisions.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.